Our curriculum has been designed to create confident, capable and caring children. Our Aims for Learning and Teaching are to:
- ensure our pupils are resilient learners who recognise that challenge and failure are part of the learning process
- ensure that pupils attain transferable skills and knowledge that will equip them for life
- encourage our pupils to be curious about the world around them and ask questions
- ensure our pupils aspire to be the best version of themselves they can possibly be
- personalise learning and foster independence and responsibility in our learners
Our Key Curriculum Drivers are:
Our pupils will develop the emotional and physical security needed to become resilient individuals who are able to take risks and deal with different challenges across the curriculum and in the wider world by thinking positively and having the confidence to attempt tasks. We are a ‘can do’ school and as such have adopted the Growth Mindset approach to learning.
We want our children to develop the life skills necessary to work with growing independence and perseverance to become resourceful problem-solvers able to nurture aspirations for the future. We want our children to be the best they can possibly be and to challenge themselves as a learner.
We desire for children to be curious about the world around them and ask questions. We encourage the children to be inquisitive and questioning through their learning and school life experiences and take an active role in their learning.
Please click on the links in the table below to find out more about our curriculum.